Lost Ark is now up and running, and aside from some server issues at launch (and let’s be honest, how many MMOs manage to avoid these issues?), the game is proving hugely popular, with players raving about its world and the experience it provides.
With the game launching late last week, Lost Ark is still in its infancy for the West and if you want to be among the first players to conquer its lands, check out our Lost Ark beginners guide. If you haven’t signed up yet and missed your chance to get a Founder’s Pack, you might be interested in a Starter Pack instead.
There are three different Lost Ark Starter Packs, each more expensive than the previous one. They each contain a nifty selection of in-game items that can help make your first steps into the world of Akesia a little easier and more enjoyable. Below is a summary of the Apprentice, Explorer, and Vanquisher Starter Pack. Check them out to get an idea of which one might be best for you.
The Lost Ark starter packs are as follows:
Lost Ark: Apprentice Starter Pack
The most basic pack. It will still give you some nifty benefits, but not as much as the others. It contains:
- 30 Day Crystal Aura: These give you a number of in-game benefits, such as reduced prices in shops, stat boosts and more.
- Novice Progression Support Chest: it contains the following elements:
- 30 resurrection feathers: If you die, Resurrection Feathers can be used to revive you.
- 10,000 silver coins: Earnable in-game, this currency can be used to purchase supplies and equipment.
- Adventurer’s Equipment Crate: lots of practical items, including:
- 5 Epic Horns of Luterra: These summon Lutheran soldiers to fight alongside you for 30 seconds.
- 5 rare incendiary grenades: Creates a wall of flames that you can use against enemies for 10 seconds.
- 5 rare sleep bombs: As you’d expect, these can put enemies to sleep.
- 5 camouflaged dresses: Use them to temporarily disguise yourself from enemies.
- 5 Rare Dresses of Swiftness: These temporarily increase your movement speed.
- 5 Rare Defiant Scarecrows: You use these scarecrows to taunt enemies in your area.
- Gatherer’s Toolbox: This includes foraging, mining, fishing, logging and excavation tools, which are essential for collecting resources in the game.
- Ascension Chest of Four Adventurers: These contain in-game currency and healing items.
Lost Ark: Explorer Starter Pack
The second level of the Starter Pack includes all of the following bonuses:
- All the same bonuses from the Lost Ark: Apprentice Starter Pack.
- Buyemeow Pet Selection Box: This gives you an adorable pet that will follow you around the game and help you collect loot.
- Dyorika Warhorse Mount: these come in different varieties and have individual abilities, but all give you an easier way to travel the world.
- Character expansion slot: in this game you choose if you want to be a human or an elf, with a character expansion slot you can be both, because you can have two characters.
Lost Ark: Winner Starter Pack
This one, the most expensive, includes a lot of additional bonuses. These are:
- Everything from the Explorer and Starter packs for apprentices.
- 2,100 crystals: This is a premium currency that you can spend on gear, pets, mounts, etc.
- Character Appearance Change: If you ever get to a point where you are unhappy with how your character looks, you can use this to modify it once.
- Legendary Report Gift Selection Chest: These gifts can be used to help build your relationships with NPC characters.
- Alar Hide Chest: Allows characters of any class to don the Alar skin.
If you’re thinking of starting your Lost Ark adventure today, check out our Lost Ark system requirements guide to make sure you’ll be able to run it on your gaming PC.