Scotland-based indie studio Carbon Based Lifeforms announced a new sandbox MMO this week hyperspace is on the way. The game will be free-to-play as the designs of this world and everything in it will draw heavily from 70s sci-fi and give you the freedom to do basically anything you want in vast expanses of space. You can explore, you can craft, you can outlaw and more. The few bits of the story they revealed are that the residents here tried to create a stable wormhole between two galaxies, but everything went wrong and those two galaxies instantly merged into one. Aeons later, this galaxy is divided into four parts, each with its own territory to control. Which gives you a lot of options in which you can do business. There is no set date for the release of the game, but you can sign up for updates at the link above.
hyperspace players can create their character based on one of eight playable races, each with their own traditions and culture expanded into a much larger universe, and participate in multiple activities with classes that include; Hunter, Gatherer, Explorer and Trader, allowing them to customize their experience to suit their playstyle. The space-themed gameplay experience transports players to a vast galaxy filled with thousands of star systems, multiple territories and four galactic currencies, giving users endless opportunities in an ever-changing sandbox.
- Explore in style: Build your ship and explore the galaxy, trade in the depths of space or hunt down valuable bounties. With a huge range of different options, players can outfit their ships to suit their style of play.
- Unprecedented customization: In the vastness of the galaxy, there are colorful characters to meet. Play as one of eight different races, from the enormous Carbaryl to the insectoid Krivak, each with a deep lore and story of how they reached the stars.
- Your place in the universe matters: Become a bounty hunter, gunsmith, explorer, trader or scout with various factions in space. Carve new routes across the galactic map or wait in ambush while others float too far from safety. Either way, Hyperspace hosts plenty of progression options.
- The universe has a history: Tapping into lore is important to us at Carbon Based Lifeforms, we will be announcing our partnerships with several sci-fi writers to create even greater depth, before diving into the galaxy.
- Make a name for yourself, earn a living: Whether you choose to fight your way to glory or collect bounties from outlaws across the galaxy, you can strike it rich in the game and have the option to turn it into real money if you choose.